For students studying Materials and Making in Year Two, you will need to use the Granta EduPack software by Ansys. This software allows you to explore and model materials virtually. On this page are instructions for how to get set up and running with the Granta EduPack at LIS.
1. Download the Granta EduPack installer to your laptop by clicking here.
Note: Granta EduPack only works on Windows 10 or above, and you need at least 4GB free space on your hard disk. MacOS is not supported.
2. Extract the contents of the ZIP file and double click the file named edupack_setup.2022_R2.exe.
Note: you MUST be physically on campus for the installation to succeed. The EduPack software does not work remotely.
3. You'll see a screen like this. Click the 'I agree' button to agree with the licensing agreement.
4. You'll then see a screen that asks for license server information. Type 'grover' into the Server (master) field, and ensure the 'Server port number' is set to 1055, like the image below. Then click continue.
5. You will then need to wait for between 10-30 minutes for the software to install, depending on the speed of your computing device. Once the installation is done you'll be able to launch it from your start menu app launcher.
If you have any questions, see the documentation below. You will learn how to use the software during Materials and Making.